Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs
- Get Tickets
On view now through February 10, 2015
MoMA presents Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs, the largest and most extensive presentation of the artist's cut-outs ever assembled. Approximately 100 examples from this innovative body of work—made beginning in the 1940s when Matisse turned to cut paper as his primary medium—are shown alongside drawings, illustrated books, stained glass, and textiles. Among the masterpieces on view is The Swimming Pool (1952), a monumental cut-out originally made for the artist's dining room, which has been newly conserved and is being exhibited for the first time in more than 20 years.
MoMA Members and accompanied guests can enter the exhibition by showing a valid membership card or guest ticket; timed tickets are not required. Present your membership card and/or member guest admission ticket at the Museum entrance. Not a member? Join today!
Member Early Hour: 9:30-10:30 a.m. daily through February 10, 2015. Open to MoMA members (with the exception of Global members) and their guests.
Matisse Extended Hours
January 17–18 & January 24–25, open until 8:00 p.m.
The entire Museum will remain open and regular admission pricing applies.
Open all day, all night
Friday, February 6, 10:30 a.m.–Sunday, February 8, 5:30 p.m.
After regular Museum hours only Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs will be open; admission is: adults $12, seniors $10, full-time students with current ID $8; children (16 and under) and members free. Exclusive Member Early Hours take place on Saturday, February 7, and Sunday, February 8, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Image: Henri Matisse. The Parakeet and the Mermaid. 1952. Gouache on paper, cut and pasted, and charcoal on white paper. Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam. Acquired with the assistance of the Vereeniging Rembrandt and the Prince Bernhard Cultuurfonds © 2014 Succession H. Matisse/Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
Important notes for visiting Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs:
- Henri Matisse: The Cut Outs timed tickets include general admission to the Museum.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to print their online tickets at home for expedited entry.
- Confirmation of your ticket reservation will be sent to your e-mail. Please provide a valid e-mail address on the contact information page of this ticketing process and present your confirmation in the Museum lobby on the day of your visit.
- Please note that there is a $1.50 per ticket ShowClix service charge for reserving timed tickets in advance.
- A limited number of general admission timed tickets will be available for same-day sales depending on capacity on a given day.